Hi to all my beautiful followers! Today my post is inspiree by some research that Pears, the iconic soap brand, commissioned about how Australian women define "timeless beauty".
Sometimes, when we have a passion for things like cosmetics, skincare, and other beauty products we can lose sight of our true perception of our definition of beauty. We may forget that often the most beautiful looks, are those that accentuate our natural features, and flaunt the details we were born with! It's easy to start comparing yourself to other women (or men) you may see on Instagram, or on Youtube, but nobody is perfect, and it is all the small details that set us apart which make us unique and beautiful. More importantly, it is our personalities, our confidence, and the way that we feel about ourselves that really accentuates our natural beauty.
Keep reading to find out more about my Timeless Beauty Makeup Look & Pears Giveaway!
Timeless Beauty Research
I couldn't agree more that there is nothing more beautiful than a confident woman, who is smiling and happy and comfortable in her own skin. It's also really important that we feel valued and appreciated by our families including our partners, our children, and those who are close to us. To demonstrate what my perception of Timeless Beauty with all of my lovely followers, I wanted to create a "No Makeup" Makeup look which is a very natural daytime look, that is simple and easy, but what I consider to be very timeless, and a look that accentuates my best features so I focused on the eyes.
"No Makeup Makeup" Tutorial
- PEARS oil free soap
- Too Faced Replenishing Hungover Primer
- Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
- Benefit Peek-A-Bright Eyes Kit
- Stila Highlighter Duo in "Kitten"
- Napoleon Perdis Mascara
- Savvy High Shine Lip Lacquer in "On Set"
|Nothing on my face but primer & eyebrows filled in!|
1. Start with a fresh face wash to clear the skin of excess impurities and product buildup such as the Pears oil clear soap. Then apply a hydrating or luminous primer all over your face to smooth out any fine lines or wrinkles.
2. Use a matte powder or pomade to fill in your brows to your desired shape. I like to use the dip brow to get a more dramatic effect and make sure I achieve a nice arch. Use an angled eyeshadow brush to achieve a precise shape.
3. Apply foundation all over the face to even out your skintone and cover over any blemishes. I chose Nars Sheer Glow because it is a lighter coverage, and really provides a dewy, natural finish that accentuates your natural features and makes the skin look glowing.
|Time to conceal any dark circles & highlight under eye area!|
4. Apply concealer under your eyes to cover over any dark circles. Be sure to apply in an upside-down triangle shape so that you are not drawing too much attention towards your under eye area and highlight down towards your cheekbones. I like to use a concealer a few shades lighter than my skin for a highlighting effect.
|Using the Benefit Peek-a-Bright Eyes Kit & Napoleon Mascara|
5. Pat on some light beige eyeshadow as a base all over your lid. Use a lighter, iridescent shade to highlight underneath your brow bone, as well as dot on the inner corner of your eyes. These techniques will assist to brighten up your eyes and make them really pop!
6. Coat your lashes with at least 2 coats of mascara. Try to go for a more natural-looking formula so it doesn't look too overdone. This one from Napoleon Perdis adds some volume and length but is still very natural.
|My "No Makeup" Makeup Look to Represent Timeless Beauty|
7. Use some highlighter to accentuate your cheekbones, as well as down the centre of your nose and cupids bow. Dust it lightly and blend it in well. The Stila highlighter is gorgeous and provides a very natural glow to the cheeks.
8. Apply a nude gloss or lipstick, so the eyes remain the main attraction. Here I used Savvy High Shine Lip Lacquer in "On Set". It's a great pinky nude colour that doesn't take away from the eye look.
Now you are a Timeless Beauty!
I hope you all have enjoyed this look, and thought a little bit more about your favourite natural makeup looks to accentuate your beauty, and the features that you like most about yourself. I had so much fun creating this little tutorial :)
|Enter for your chance to win a gift basket from Pears valued at $90 AUD!!!|
The generous people at Pears have offered to host a giveaway here on my blog so that one of my lovely followers can win a Pears Gift Basket valued at $90! As you can see from the picture above the hamper is just gorgeous! Pears products are great for your skin, smell really nice & also have really classic packaging. This is a perfect gift for you to share with your partner or with your family, or even to give to someone as a lovely Christmas present!
All you have to do to enter, is comment below with your definition of Timeless Beauty.
What does it mean to you? I will pick the most creative & unique entry as my winner, and Pears will arrange for the prize to be sent out to you! I will announce the winner by Thursday, 4th December at 8am AEST & Pears will arrange for your prize to be sent out to you. Please make sure you leave your e-mail along with your comment so you can be contacted if you are the chosen winner.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all feel beautiful now!